Installing rubber gym flooring (or astro turf gym flooring) is a great way to improve the durability and safety of your home gym or workout space. These tiles are made of durable rubber material that can withstand heavy weights and frequent use, making them ideal for use in gyms and workout rooms.
How To Install Rubber Gym Flooring
Here is a step-by-step guide for installing rubber gym flooring and astro turf gym flooring as a beginner:
- Prepare the surface: The first step in installing rubber gym flooring is to prepare the surface where they will be installed. This should be a clean, level surface that is free of debris and dust. If necessary, use a broom or vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt or debris.
- Measure the space: Measure the area where you will be installing the tiles to determine how many tiles you will need. Be sure to account for any cuts or irregular shapes in the space.
- Cut the tiles: If necessary, use a utility knife or tile cutter to cut the tiles to fit any irregular shapes or spaces in the area. Be sure to wear gloves and safety goggles for this step.
- Lay the tiles: Begin by laying the first tile in the corner of the space, with the top edge of the tile aligned with the edge of the wall. Then, lay the next tile in the row, but offset it by half the width of the tile so that its edge is centered over the center of the first tile. Continue this pattern, offsetting each tile by half the width of the tile as you work your way across the space.
- Secure the tiles: To keep the tiles in place, you can use double-sided tape or flooring adhesive on the edges of the tiles. This is optional and not required, as the weight of the equipment and usage will keep it in place.
- Allow to dry: Allow the adhesive to dry for the recommended time before using the gym floor.
Gym Flooring Perth: Talk To Kinta Fitness
By following these steps, you can easily install rubber gym flooring or astro turf gym flooring tiles in an offset brick pattern in your home gym or workout space, improving the durability and safety of your workout area while also adding an attractive design element. You can also see all our gym flooring products here.
For the best gym flooring Perth has to offer, contact Kinta Fitness today.
on February 08, 2023