Safety Squat Barbell
The camber of a safety squat bar changes the centre of gravity of the bar path to align with the centre of gravity to the human body, this makes it easier for the lifter to squat heavier weights and stimulate muscle growth.
- Weight: 20kg
- Maximum load rating: 320kg
- Length: 213cm
- Sleeves: 50mm Diameters for Olympic weight plates.
Why use a Safety Bar:
- Injury Prevention: The design of a safety squat barbell helps to reduce the strain on the shoulders, wrists, and elbows compared to a traditional barbell. It has padded shoulder pads and handles that allow for a more comfortable grip and helps distribute the weight more evenly. A safety squat barbell benefits individuals with shoulder, wrist, or elbow issues or those recovering from injuries.
- Increased Core Activation: The curved shape of a safety squat barbell places more demand on the core muscles to stabilize the weight during squats. This increased activation of the core muscles can improve overall core strength and stability, which is beneficial for athletic performance and functional movement.
- Variation and Challenge: Safety squat barbells provide a different training stimulus than traditional barbells. The altered position and distribution of the weight load can challenge the muscles in new ways, leading to increased muscle activation and growth. A safety squat barbell can help break through plateaus or add variety to a workout routine.
- Rehabilitation and Mobility: Safety squat barbells can be utilised in rehabilitation programs to help individuals regain strength and mobility after injuries or surgeries. The modified barbell design can make it easier to perform squats with reduced stress on certain joints, allowing for a safer and more effective rehabilitation process.
Overall, safety squat barbells are popular among strength trainers, powerlifters, athletes, and individuals looking to improve their squatting technique or address specific physical limitations.